You don’t need a cosmetic fix or make-up tricks to look young. A few simple lifestyle changes will do the trick.
Looking young forever is every woman’s dream. We all wish for ageless skin that tells the world that we are much younger than we actually are. However, wishing for radiant, young skin is one thing – how to look younger when age is catching up on you is quite another!
If you think you need cosmetic surgery or a personal make-up stylist to ‘fix’ your aging skin, think again. A few steps you take today will revive the youth of your skin. These are important lifestyle changes you must make not just for your skin’s health, but for your overall wellbeing.
Want to know how to look younger? Here are 5 habits you need to adopt today:
1. Get up and exercise. Research shows that daily exercise – especially after the 30s – has the effect of firming and hydrating the skin. Exercise forces toxins out of the skin through sweat, and pumps oxygenated blood to all your organs. Noxious waste materials are eliminated from your system, thus restoring balance and essential health in your skin. Women who exercise often have healthier, younger skin than those who don’t.
2. Ditch sugar from your diet. Natural sugars obtained from fruit and vegetables are easily absorbed by the body. They are part of the essential substances every person must consume every day. However, most of us consume large amounts of processed sugar, which can harm the body. Sugar tends to block the growth of collagen proteins in the skin, thus reducing their elasticity. This gives rise to wrinkles and fine lines. Avoid sugar to have faster cellular repair and better skin elasticity.
3. Exfoliate your skin. We use expensive skin creams and serums and cross our fingers hoping for radiant skin. However, we often skip one important beauty ritual: exfoliation. Without exfoliation, a layer of dead cells just sits on the upper layers of the skin, causing acne and dullness. The upper layer of the skin needs a massage and exfoliation at least once a week so that it remains clear and glowing.
4. Wear sunscreen, whatever the weather. A big mistake women make is in applying sunscreen only when it is sunny. In fact, the sun’s UV rays can attack the skin even from cloudy skies. UV rays have a detrimental effect on the skin, accelerating the aging process. So if you want younger skin, you can never stop using sunscreen lotion.
5. Be strict about your sleep schedule. We often take the importance of sleep for granted. Sleep restores health and vitality to our tissues and organs. The skin benefits the most from good quality sleep; its repair and restoration processes take place while you are sleeping. Sleeping and waking up at the same time every day will help your skin maintain its health. Ensure that you sleep in a dark, comfortable room with minimum chances of disturbance.