Various types of hair removal methods you can go for. Decide on which you wish to try or consult a clinic to see which would work best for you.
People have always wondered what the best method to remove hair is, women especially go through a rough time deciding on what kind of hair removal method they should go for. Now days there are various hair removal methods women can go for. But before you go for a method you need to realize that not all of them works for everyone. Many people have reactions to specific methods so check up on what the procedure will include before you elect one.
There are mainly two types of hair removal methods. There are various other sub methods, but all the methods fall under these two primary types which are Depilation and Epilation method. Depilation method is where hair is removed from above the skin and Epilation is where hair is removed below the skin. Each of these methods has their own advantages and disadvantages.
Various Depilatory methods:
- Shaving:One of the most common hair removal methods shaving is done by electronic shaver or razors. They are and effective method which can be used to clear facial hair, legs, under arms or pubic hair.
- Depilatory creams:These creams have chemicals which help in dissolving the hair. There are various types and brands available. It is advised that you first try the cream out in a small portion of your skin first before using it full time since it can cause reactions to some skin types.
- Plucking: Plucking involves pulling the hair strands one by one with the help of a pair of tweezers. This type of hair removal process is done mostly in the facial area to clear of any unwanted stray hair strands.
- Waxing: Waxing is done with the help of a pore strip. You have to apply cold or warm wax over the area you want hairless. It is similar to plucking and it often used on legs and under arms. Another form of waxing is there called sugaring. This process follows the same principles, but is made with sugar instead of wax.
- Threading: This is also similar to plucking and it involves a thread being pulled taut against your skin. The thread is rolled on your skin and a firm pull or jerk plucks the hair which is caught in the thread.
Permanent hair removal methods:
- Electrolysis: This is a truly permanent hair removal method since it doesn’t allow any hair to grow afterwards. A very thin needle is used to electrocute the hair follicles destroying it. This is done on a follicle by follicle basis, so the procedure takes a long time.
- Laser: This method is the most modern one. It involves a laser or a beam of light being targeted to the melanin which gives the skin and hair its colour. It heats and destroys the hair follicles, but doesn’t damage the surrounding skin.
These are some of the main types of hair removal procedures you can go for. But make sure no matter which you choose you follow it up with at a reputed clinic.