It takes a little time, but it is not impossible to remove acne scars. Here are some tips you can use.
The quest for a clear, even complexion prompts many women to undergo expensive cosmetic surgery or buy several potions and creams. Of all the skin problems that women are most daunted by, acne scars rank very high in the list. Acne scars remain on the skin more or less permanently, and they rob you of your natural beauty.
Instead of reposing your faith in expensive skin products and rushing to the cosmetic surgeon to restore your skin, you should just head to your kitchen to find a cure. Knowing how to remove acne scars is easy if you use the right ingredients. Here are a few remedies you can try:
- Glycerine and hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide has bleaching properties and is a key ingredient in hair dyes. It is also an instant cleanser. Mix one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to one teaspoon of glycerine. These will not mix immediately, you may need to heat them briefly over a low flame till they mix. To this, add half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your acne scars. The scars will lighten and your complexion will appear clearer. Be careful not to bring this mixture in contact with hair.
- Use a natural scrub. Scrubs made out of kitchen ingredients are milder and more effective than the store-bought variety. Make a scrub out of two tablespoon oats and one teaspoon honey. Use this on the face every alternate day to even out the skin. You can also make a scrub out of one tablespoon Demerara sugar and one teaspoon lemon juice. This will help remove your acne scars.
- Honey and cinnamon mask. This is an easy-to-make mask comprising two tablespoon organic honey and half teaspoon cinnamon powder. Apply the mask evenly on your face twice a week. Honey restores essential hydration in the skin and aids cell repair. Your skin will be able to fight acne and scars much better with this mask.
- Baking soda face wash. Baking soda has instant cleansing properties. Make a paste of one teaspoon baking soda in water and rub it on the acne scars. Wash off after one minute. You will notice that the excess oiliness of the skin has been reduced and your skin looks fresher. Use this face wash twice a week for zero acne scars. Follow it up with a moisturizing cream to prevent skin dryness.
- Cucumber juice. Make a juice out of one fresh cucumber, one lemon and one orange. Blitz it in the blender and store in a glass jar. Use a cotton ball to apply this juice to your skin every day. It will last in the refrigerator for about a week, so discard the leftover juice after this period. This remedy will brighten the skin and spur faster skin renewal and repair.So there you have it – easy remedies that you can follow if you’ve been wondering how to remove acne scars. Say hello to beautiful, radiant skin!