Your dark circles will soon disappear if you follow five easy cures and make some important lifestyle changes.
Your eyes are your most precious asset, and they are a window into your soul. However, your beautiful eyes have acquired an unwelcome companion: dark circles. The rings around your eyes make you look haggard and unwell. However hard you try, you can’t effectively disguise them with make-up. Since you don’t know how to remove dark circles, you decide to seek professional help.
However, there are things you can do to help your eyes relax and eliminate the dark rings around them. If the dark circles are an old problem, it is best to seek a doctor’s opinion on treating them. They could be hereditary or the result of a long-standing disorder. However, if you have recently acquired dark circles around your eyes, you can reduce them by making some changes in your daily routine. Here are a few solutions to the question ‘How to remove dark circles’:
1. Rest well. Dark circles are a direct consequence of lack of sleep and too much stress. People who sleep less than seven hours a night, or those working late hours and those under tremendous amounts of stress can develop dark circles. It happens when the eyes are not rested enough, causing tension in the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. Lack of sleep and stress cause discolouration in the eye area, thus causing dark circles. Try and get at least seven hours of sleep every night, and take a 20-minute power nap every afternoon to reduce dark circles.
2. Switch off your gadgets. Many people’s dark circles are caused by constantly staring at their digital devices. When not working on their laptops, people are busy amusing themselves on their mobile phones. The white light reflected out of these devices strains the eyes and tires them. This causes dark circles. Make it a rule to switch off from all electronic gadgets – TV, laptop, mobile phone, play station, e-reader – at least one hour before bed time.
3. Drink a lot of water. A primary reason for dark circles is the stress in the delicate skin in the eye area. This can happen even with a lack of hydration. Drinking sufficient quantities of water every day will impart a shine to your eyes. It will also keep the delicate skin hydrated and supple. The dark circles will reduce and disappear in no time.
4. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. An improper diet shows itself in the eyes at once – junk food containing high amounts of sodium and saturated fat can dull your eyes and strip away the moisture in the skin. You can indulge in these foods occasionally, but you must eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day. These will hydrate your skin and fortify it with essential nutrients. Soon, the skin will lose its dullness and discolouration
5. Cool your eyes. Excessive heat in the eyes brought on by lack of sleep and stress can also cause dark circles to develop. If you can feel warmth in your eyelids every time you close your eyes, you need to take prompt action. The remedy is simple: dip a cotton pad in iced water and place it over the eyes. The cold compress will make your eyes water and take away the heat. This is a useful remedy for those who work late nights and need a pick-me-up for their tired eyes. It’s great for removing dark circles, too.