Did you know, according to an article published in February 2016 on Arab News, women in Saudi Arabia spend SR15,000 on an average annually on beauty, cosmetic, personal care and skin care products? The cosmetic industry in the country is estimated at a whopping SR60 billion. If you are among the women who give priority to personal grooming and looking their best at all times, the first thing you might be concerned about is removing unwanted body hair. This is an essential part of personal grooming but it also means regular visits to the salon and spending your hard earned money. Fortunately, you can now get salon-like results at a fraction of the cost and time with right at home. There also are some other home remedies you can try, although the results might vary. Here’s a look at some methods you can try at home.
Try These Easy Methods
- Sugar Lemon Mix: The mixture of lemon and sugar acts as a bleach for the face. It helps in effectively removing facial hair and can also be applied on other body parts. The lemon juice in the mixture helps in lightening the color of the hair. After applying the mixture, wait for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with water. However, it is advisable not to use it on sensitive body parts.
- Lentil and Potatoes: Potatoes naturally have bleaching properties. When combined with yellow lentils, it forms a mixture that is very effective in removing body hair. It is a trusted Ayurvedic method to get rid of unwanted body hair. Leave the paste on your body for at least 30 minutes before gently rubbing it with your fingers. The dry paste will pull the hair out.
- Cold Wax Strips: Cold wax hair removal is an alternative to traditional waxing that takes place in salons at that too at a comparatively cheaper price. It helps in removing body hair instantly and the impact lasts for 4-5 weeks. These strips are very easy to use and save you from the trouble to travelling to a salon and then waiting for your turn. It is also available in different variants and can be purchased according to your skin type. It doesn't have any side effects.
- Egg Mask: This is a slightly painful yet a very effective method, especially for removing facial hair. This paste is sticky, so pulling it off may cause some pain. However, it takes only 15 minutes to remove hair using this method. Do it 3-4 times in a week.
- Chickpea Flour Mask: This not only removes unwanted hair from the body but also stops them from growing back in future. The mixture can be easily prepared at home by using chickpea flour, turmeric powder, cream and milk. Apply this paste on the concerned areas and wait for around 30-40 minutes. Wash it off with water. Do it frequently for better results.