The Economic Development Board (EDB) is a public body responsible for attracting foreign investments in Bahrain through various initiatives. The EDB’s Board of Directors is chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister of the Kingdom. An alumni of American University and University of Cambridge, Prince Salman was appointed as the First Deputy Prime Minister of Bahrain in 2013. He is an active speaker on various international seminars and conferences like The World Economic Forum, Clinton Global Initiative, and the World Islamic Economic Forum.
The Deputy Chairman of the Board is HE Dr. Hasan bin Abdulla Fakhro, who is also His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa's Advisor for Economic Affairs. Having worked in the oil industry in Bahrain as well as in the United States, Dr. Fakro was given the task of setting up Bahrain National Oil Company (BANOCO) by the government. He is the Deputy Chairman and has served as the advisor to HM the King of Bahrain on Economic Affairs.
The Members on the Board
Here’s a look at the other member of the EDB Board of Directors:
- HH Sh. Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa – He is also the Personal Representative of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
- HH Sh. Naseer bin Hamad Al Khalifa – Also the Chairman of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports, as well as President of the Bahrain Olympic Committee.
- HE Sh. Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa – He is also the Prime Minister of Kingdom of Bahrain, as well as Chairman of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Co.
- HE Sh. Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa – He is also the Minister of Finance.
- HE Jameel bin Mohammed Humaidan – He is also the Minister of Labour.
- HE Rashid bi Mohammed Al Meraj – He is also the Governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain
- HE Khalid A.Rahman Al Moayyed – He is the Chairman of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- HE Sh. Mohammed bin Essa Al Khalifa – Mr. Al Khalifa is also Chairman of Tamkeen.
- HE Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed – He is the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications in Bahrain.
- Mr. Jameel Ali Al-Matrook – He is a Shura Council Member.
- HE Zayed bin Rashid Al Zayani – He is Minister of Industry and Commerce, as well as Chairman of the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).
- Mr. Khalid Al Rumaihi – He also holds the position of Chief Executive of the Economic Development Board.
- Mr. Adel Hussain Al Maskati – Mr. Al Maskati is the Managing Director of the Al Maskati Group.
- Mr. Tariq Jalil Al Saffar – He is the Managing Director of Harbour Investment Holding.
- Dr. Samer Majid Al Jishi – He is the President of BFG International.
- Ms. Deema Rasool Al Haddad – Ms Al Haddad also holds the position of Director, Al Haddad Motors.
- Mr. Khalid Ali Al Amin – He is also the CE of Retail Operations, Ali Rashid Al Amin Co.
- Mr. Mohammed Farouk Almoayyed – He is also Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Al Moayyed International Group.
- Mr. Khalid Ebrahim Humaidan – Mr. Humaidan is the Regional Head of ALM – Treasury, BNP Paribas.
- Ms. Nada Alawi Shubar – Ms. Shubar is also the Director of Annada Commercial Trading.