According to an article in The National (UAE), published in March 2011, hair loss is a growing problem among men in the UAE. Baldness is more likely in the UAE than other parts of the world and more and more men in the country are opting for hair loss treatment in the best hair transplant clinics. Dermatologists find hair fall a big problem, since they treat up to 10 people a day for just this. According to them, factors responsible for baldness includes genetics, climate, stress and poor nutrition.
Here’s a look at some of the primary causes of hair loss and some simple and useful measures to get voluminous and lustrous hair.
Know Hair Loss = No Hair Loss
The main reasons for hair loss can be summed up as stress, poor nutrition, dry weather conditions, quality of the water and genetics. Because of the hot conditions in the Middle East, people tend to sweat a lot. This could either lead to frequent washing of hair, leading to the natural oils from the scalp being stripped or sweat leading to clogged hair follicles. On the other hand, not paying attention to your diet due to work overload and a hectic lifestyle can also lead to the lack of adequate nutrients for the hair.
Some Lifestyle Habits that Cause Hair Loss
- UAE residents wear some form of headwear most of the times to avoid direct the sun rays on their head, which also hinders the breathability of the scalp, while tight headgear could even affect blood circulation in the hair follicles.
- Too much hairstyling, including curling, twisting, hair straightening or using chemicals.
· Excessive use of hair colours or dyes.
Tips to Avoid Hair Loss
- Avoid using excessive heat on the hair. Try hairstyles that do not include hair straighteners, hair dryers or chemicals too often.
- Washing hair with filtered water will avoid the direct contact of heavy metals or other impurities present in the water with the hair.
- Don't use a shampoo on a daily basis. It consists of chemicals that can harm the strands as well as the scalp. Try a mild shampoo every alternate day.
- Oil your hair regularly to increase blood circulation. It is recommended to add a few drops of any essential oil to enhance the impact of massaging on the scalp.
- Ensure a protein rich diet, including eggs, meat, fish, legumes and soy.
- Stay properly hydrated to maintain blood circulation for hair growth.
Home Remedies to Avoid Hair Loss and Stimulate Growth
- Rub onion juice, garlic juice or ginger juice on your scalp.
- Try massaging the scalp with warm oil, which helps the oil penetrate deep within.
- Rub green tea on the scalp, which is a great antioxidant.
- Apply soaked and ground fenugreek seeds to the scalp.
- Rub a mixture of aloe vera juice and neem paste.
If none of these things work for you, it is better to consult a good and reputed dermatologist to find the best hair loss treatment for your specific needs.