Ditch those expensive chemical treatments for your scars – try natural, effective remedies instead.
If there’s one thing you absolutely detest, it is acne scars! It is bad enough developing ugly acne, without the added strain of having your skin marked with scars. But acne normally leaves its marks behind, and most times, the skin heals on its own over a matter of days. However, acne scars can become problematic if they cause discolouration or pitting on the skin.
Acne scar removal thus becomes a subject of importance for the person who suffers from them. Most women try skin creams and serums that promise a clear complexion, but most of them don’t work. Hence, many women seek a doctor’s help in eliminating their acne scars.
But before you hit the panic button and splurge on expensive products and medical treatments, try a few simple acne scar removal tips at home, such as:
1. Potato juice. Potatoes possess several healing vitamins and nutrients that promote skin healing. Potato juice also helps lighten acne scars and effects hydration in the skin’s cells. Grate a fresh potato and apply the juice evenly all over the skin. Let it dry before wiping with a damp cloth. You can also rub tender potato mash on the face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Using this remedy regularly will lighten your acne scars gradually.
2. Aloe vera. This plant has many benefits for the skin. You can use aloe vera in gel or juice form. Cut a piece of aloe vera leaf and squeeze out the gel. Apply it evenly on the skin and allow it to dry for 30 minutes before rinsing with cold water. Not only will it lighten the skin and give it a fresh glow, it also soothes irritated skin and reduces the incidence of acne.
3. Coconut milk. Coconut is another skin healing agent that you can use to great effect on your acne scars. Apply fresh coconut milk on your acne scars before going to bed. Wash your skin with cold water on waking up. You will notice that this cure imparts radiance and freshness to your complexion, while also improving tonality and reducing acne.
4. Honey. Acne caused by dryness or clogged pores requires cleaning and moisturising. Honey provides both in a mild way, helping to reduce acne and also eliminating acne scars. Apply raw honey on the acne scars and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water. To make a soothing honey mask, mix one teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of milk and apply on the skin. Rinse off with cool water after one hour.
5. Lemon. Lemon exhibits mild bleaching properties that help fade away acne scars and lighten the skin. Use one teaspoon lemon juice and apply it on the acne scars. Leave on for an hour, then wash with cold water. Follow this routine every day for best results. However, do not apply on irritated or broken skin.